Homemade Chicken Curry
5.8 g fat
- 50g apples
- 40g onions
- 20g peppers
- 20g mushrooms
- 1 medium chicken breast fillet
- 5g curry paste
- 30ml water
- ¼ can/ 100g tomatoes, chopped in tomato juice
- 5 sprays Frylight spray
- 1/4 tsp. curry powder
- 2 tbsp. low fat natural yoghurt
- A generous handful of coriander
- 50g Basmati rice
1. Dice the chicken, apple & onion.
2. Sauté onion & apple in Frylight Spray.
3. Add the curry paste, followed by the diced chicken.
4. Add tin of chopped tomatoes, the curry powder & 150 ml water.
5. Bring to boil, then reduce heat & simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly. Add low fat natural yoghurt and coriander and simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, boil the basmati rice as per pack instructions.
7. Serve on a bed boiled brown basmati rice.
Remember to change the ingredient amounts depending on how many servings you are making. This recipe is for 1 serving.
This a delicious meal for the whole family. It’s low on calories, low on fat and more importantly it fills you up 🙂
Give it a try and let us know on our facebook page how you get on
Don’t forget to subscribe to our Why Weight Ireland Newsletter for monthly news, tips & advice.
You can also join our Facebook Community Page where members & non-members can chat and support each other in a private closed group and encourage each other to success.
And of course, don’t forget to like, share and leave your lovely comments below 🙂